My oh My

Always something, never boring

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

This is my sponsor child. His name is Donato Canon Bellen. He will be 12 on May 18th. Donato lives in the Philipines with his mother and father and 4 brothers. Donato enjoys swimming and playing with friends, and is talented at singing and dancing. Donato lives in a two room bamboo hut with palm leaves for a roof and floor. The family sleeps on mats on the floor and do not own a single bed. The water is from a community well, and the sanitaion facility is simply and open field. Although electricity is available, it is not affordable. Donato's mother is a housekeeper and his father is a fisherman and they earn about $44 a month.

I am very happy to have received this child to help. I mean really, is $22 a month really that much when it is improving the life of a child? Anyhow... I can't wait to get a letter from him, and send him one from Kayden and I with some pictures and maybe a small treat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

update your blog, girl!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home