My oh My

Always something, never boring

Saturday, September 09, 2006


My New Hair Cut/ Mid Life Crisis



Well this is my "new" hair cut. I got a 2 inch trim. Now it has got me thinking... Have I lost my edge? I mean this is the girl who died her hair orange crush orange with purple streaks... the girl who shaved her head, the one who put her hair in dreads, got a nipple ring, got some tattoos, used to go to protests, would street preform in Vancouver for fun, would basically try new things everday. I don't know if that is me any more, and it has me sad. I mean am I just boring now? Did my crazy life take it outta me? Is it cuz I'm a mom? Is it cuz I had my heart seriously broken, and am just not the same? Whatever it is... I miss "that" Taylor. I miss being the crazy one, the interesting one, the one who took chances, risks, tried new things. And today I actually did something I never thought I'd do. I told my little cousin that "over my dead body" was she leaving the house dressed like that. It wasn't so long ago I was that age, dressing like that. I mean I love being a mom, but is that what has it done this to me? I mean I used to be the friend who everyone wanted to go out with cuz I was so much fun. Maybe it was my controlling ex, who wouldn't let me go anywhere without huge repucussions, maybe it's that I quit partying, or maybe it is that I am getting old. I don't know, but this has me all messed up. And now I am in university.. so it's only gonna get worse. I don't miss my old life, I just want parts of it back. And to think of all I have sacrificed for my son, and his dad has sacrificed nothing, except seeing his son, which I really don't even think he cares about anyhow. I don't know. Maybe it's the day, I remembered somethings about my childhood today that has really rattled me. Anyhow... I'm all messed up... and all this over a simple hair cut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home